Ragu pasta sauce recipes always bring that winter comfort food feel into my home. I’ve created countless Italian recipes over the years using homemade sauces and other brands. Without any conviction Ragu pasta sauce recipes consistently win as the preferred sauce in my home.
Our favorite winter comfort food meals is a delicious bowl of Baked Ziti and mouthwatering fried cheese recipe Ragu pasta sauce.
RAGÚ® sauce was comes into our home from Assunta Cantisano. In 1914 Assunta came to America with her delicious family recipe. Assunta built the Ragu tradition from home, using her backyard garden of trusted ingredients and selling her pasta sauce from her front porch. Ragu’s Commitment to High Standards– just like Assunta’s has never wavered. The farm grown ingredients are still true in the ragu pasta sauce recipes. The slowly simmered flavors, no artificial flavors and no high fructose corn syrup keeps Ragu pasta sauce recipes trusted since 1937.
- 1 package Ziti Noodles
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 2 jars Ragú® Chunky Mama’s Special Garden Sauce
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella for topping
- 1 cup sour cream
- Handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- Preheat over 350 degrees
- Cook noodles according to package with a dash of salt.
- Cook ground meat until fully cooked. Add in 1 jar of Ragú® Chunky Mama’s Special Garden Sauce and Basil, simmer 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together ricotta cheese, egg, mozzarella and sour cream.
- Drain pasta.
- In a baking dish layer ziti noodles, mixed cheese and sauce. Repeat layering twice.
- Top with Ragú® Chunky Mama’s Special Garden Sauce and 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
Along with our delicious baked ziti we also have fried cheese. One of my favorite winter comfort foods that I serve on a bed of Ragú Chunky Mama’s Special Garden Sauce.
Fried Cheese Recipe
- Ragú Chunky Mama’s Special Garden Sauce
- Crescent Roll Dough
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks or Queso Blanco Easy Melt Box
- Oil for Frying
- Heat oil in deep fryer.
- Slice cheese sticks or queso blanco cheese into small bite size pieces.
- Unroll dough.Place one piece of cheese onto dough. Trim dough with a knife so that it fully wraps around cheese.
- Pinch edges of dough to completely cover cheese.
- Fry dough balls until the dough turns a light brown color.
- Place fried cheese on a towel to drain oil.
- Serve Fried Cheese over Ragú Chunky Mama’s Special Garden Sauce for easy dipping.
- I use Mozzarella Cheese Sticks or Queso Blanco Easy Melt Box. Whichever I have on hand and both come out cheesy and delicious.
Ragú Chunky Mama’s Special Garden Sauce is perfect for all of our Italian recipe traditions!