I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #AmericasTea #shop #cbias #collectivebias
I am officially preparing for a Happy St. Patrick’s Day with the fellas. My husband has Irish blood, two of my boys names are of Irish descent, so it’s only fitting that we celebrate the Irish holiday with a lucky leprechaun Bigelow Tea drink.
To say I am a HUGE tea fan is an understatement. I am known to hoard tea packets in a multitude of flavors and drink a few cups of tea a day. My tea of choice Bigelow Green Tea in classic and in mint, depending on my mood. Bigelow’s green tea is a lightly fragranted tea with a refreshing flavor and it’s healthy for you. I have had my fair share of brands that offer bagged green tea, I am not a fan of bitter tasting tea and like a smooth refreshing flavor. Bigelow does just that for me the American family owned company offers quality tea in foil pouches for pure freshness. Also getting even more bang for your buck with bonus packs of Bigelow Tea, 4 extra tea bags available at Walmart (while supplies last).
To make a Lucky Leprechaun drink, I headed to my local Walmart supercenter and perused the tea aisle for Bigelow green tea. Walmart offers a great selection of Bigelow flavors to entertain all of your fancy tea desires.
My three and five year old also enjoy a warm cup of green tea so I thought I would fancy things up with a frozen green tea drink.
- 1 Cup Bigelow Classic Green Tea
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk (or your favorite milk)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 12 Ice Cubes
- Whipped Topping
- 5 drops Green Food Coloring (optional) – I wanted a St.Patrick’s theme otherwise it will be a light brown color
- Optional rainbow sprinkles
- I do these steps ahead of time (the morning of.)
- Take 1 cup cold water and boil.
- Once at a rolling boil add 1 green tea bag.
- Steep for 3 minutes off of heat.
- Let tea cool – at least 5 minutes in a cup.
- Add tea, milk, sugar, ice, and green food coloring to blender.
- Blend well
- Add to a chilled glass and top with whipped topping and sprinkles.
I topped this refreshing frozen Bigelow green tea drink with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles for the magical Lucky Leprechaun’s in my life.
Visit the board below for more inspiration and stories about Bigelow Tea.