This post was sponsored by Café Bustelo as part of an Influence Central campaign and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
All you need is more coffee, the last words from my husband as I completed my grocery target trip list. I jumped on the Target Cartwheel app and added the 10% Café Bustelo® K-Cup® Pods offer to score those extra savings.
I grew up with the smell of a bold pot of coffee awakening my senses every morning since I can remember. I loved the smell of a strong coffee and it was a sign that breakfast was not to far off. My mom made the best fried eggs with slices of tomate, aguacate and seasonings.We were always swimming in avocados from my grandmother’s tree, so really aguacate went on everything. When the whole “millennial toast” became such a big deal, I felt this awesome sense of pride that a traditional hispanic breakfast I grew up on has gained so much popularity that it is one of the biggest current food trends.
As I made my way through the coffee aisle at Target last night I reminisced on the days when I would sit on my grandmas lap and sip her coffee. I loved watch the heat float off into the air and the warmth of my hands as I wrapped them around her mug. It soon became my favorite thing to ask for my own cup of coffee and my grandma would oblige by filling it with more milk than coffee and sweetener. My kids reminded me that they now sit and watch the hot Café Bustelo coffee smoke and love to touch my own mug right after I sit with my own cup.
As we enter Hispanic Heritage month I made sure to buy all of my moms favorite fried egg toast essentials, along with my favorite coffee Café Bustelo to help recreate my latin childhood memories. The packaging is a sheer reminder of my hispanic culture and the coffee’s bold flavor is rich and purely awakens you. There is no better way to wake up than with a hispanic bold coffee that gets you.
- One egg
- Half avocado
- Two slices Tomato
- Tajin Classico seasoning to taste
- One slice of Toast
- Heat a frying pan on medium to high heat with a splash of oil or butter.
- Toast one slice of your favorite bread.
- Add one egg to frying pan watching carefully. Once egg whites turn white white and yolk begins to gel take a large spatula and gently flip the egg over.
- Let egg cook for 1-2 minutes, depending on your taste. For over easy runny eggs leave for 1 minute. For over medium leave about 2 minutes.
- Slice half an avocado over toast ands spread evenly.
- Take slices of tomato and place on hot pan letting them soften on both sides until they get golden brown edges. Place slices over avocado.
- Place fried egg over tomato.
- Sprinkle Tajin seasoning over to taste.
10% off Café Bustelo K-Cup® Pods with the Target Cartwheel app
Target Store Locator: store-locator