Diapers. Diapers. Diapers. We are officially going on 4 years of buying diapers next month and my youngest will still be going strong in diapers for at least the next 5 months. Potty training couldn’t sound any sweeter right now but in the mean time we will keep buying diapers. I have tried every brand known to mom in an effort to get the best bang for my buck, without sacrificing my little mans sensitive bottom. When a new disposable comes on the market I jump at the opportunity to see what it’s all about.
Introducing the newest Premium Diaper by Dollar General.
Besides the obvious of needing an affordable diaper I look for a range of “must haves” to fit the bill for our choice in diapers.
- Need to fit well around the thighs and rise well on the back side. There is nothing worse than a diaper that doesn’t protect against a range of potential disasters.
- The tabs need to withstand rough pulling and tugging, by a 1 year old who will randomly peel it off. There are many times a dry diaper has been ripped off and needs to be put back on.
- No funky smells, my son has sensitive skin with irritation coming from some of the scents.
- Soft move-able diaper that will withstand jumping, climbing and not leak.
- Survive a six hour night. I’m not a fan of needing an overnight diaper on top of a regular diaper. My son doesn’t do to much damage during the night, so I like to stick with one style of diaper. Although for the heavy diaper wetters they do make an overnight style.
We gave a twenty-pack of Dollar General diapers a go, to see how they fared.
What do we think?
I love them! We had no issues with these diapers. They fit nicely around his legs and waist. The entire twenty diapers fared well against a little boy that loves to jump around and put diapers to the test. No blowouts or leaks and we woke up with dry sheets, which is always a great start to a day. The animal design with the size on every diaper is an added touch that gives these a nice simple look.
Lastly the DG Baby Diapers, Size 4, 74 ct are $13.50 each that’s approx. $0.18 a diaper. If you love coupons take advantage of their $5 off $25 coupons buy two packs and get an even sweeter deal. 142 diapers at $0.15 a diaper when you buy two packs and use a $5 off $25 Dollar General Coupon. More info on that coupon on their Facebook page.