Ready,Set, Go! Who’s ready to say hello to a new school year? As summer slips through our fingers, I know in a few short months the hot summer and carefree days will be a distant memory. And we will soon be bustling through day by day. Our family is entering a new chapter of our lives, the world of homeschooling. We are all nervous and excited at the same time. The decision was a very hard decision to make, but as a family we all decided it is the path we want to go down. I have been preparing for months and getting as much information to make the transition for myself and eleven year old as smooth as possible.
Fall Back into School Bucket List
1. Create a personal work space, a place they enjoy spending time at.
2. A new haircut. Just because we wont be heading into a school full of kids every morning doesn’t mean they can’t start off the year with a fresh look.
3. Take a First day of school picture. We love comparing how much they change over the school year.
4. Buy school supplies when you find awesome deals.
5. Plan 2 outings/field trips a month to a place we have never been.
6. Give each child a journal. A creative outlet to write their personal thoughts, wants, wishes, regrets, etc.
7. Make learning fun
8.Have a curriculum but don’t feel bound to it.
9.Set goals that you want accomplished by the end of year.
10.Schedule each week in advance.