This recipe was introduced to me at the Rio Star Grapefruit cooking class I went to last month. It was so scrumptious that I had to share it with my family tonight. My boys love fried shrimp and I was excited to introduce another type of shrimp to them. The Grilled Shrimp with Rio Star Grapefruit Glaze Recipe has a sweet and slightly acidic flavor. The juicy marinated shrimp, with the crunch from the grill is a superb combination.
Also it is super easy. Throw together the marinade, let the shrimp marinate and grill them for six minutes.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. grapefruit zest
- 1/2 Cup fresh Rio Star Grapefruit juice
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 12 skewers
- In a small bowl combines all ingredients, mix well.
- Add shrimp to the marinade, stirring well to coat.
- Marinate 20 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Cook shrimp 2 -3 minutes on each side.
- Brush the glaze over shrimp while grilling.
- Heat the remaining glaze and pour over shrimp before serving.
We also had some of the other white meat, pork chop ribeyes and added them the the grill.
I also shared the Rio Star Grapefruit Sunriser Smoothie Recipe a few days ago. I am loving all of the entirely new ways to take the old grapfruit and make it a new ingredient in the kitchen.
Connect with Texas Citrus on facebook.