This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Latina Mom Bloggers and Disney Studios. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
My husband and I started the new year by swearing off junk food. We are in the baby steps people, we have our fair share of fast food. One thing I learned about getting healthy is that our pantry and refrigerator are the core to how we eat. I made it my mission to remove the processed foods from my pantry and fill my refrigerator with fruits, veggies, less dairy, and starches.
While watching the Jungle Book Diamond Edition, I was inspired.
This is our version of a jungle snack fit for Mowgli the “man-cub” and three little boys.
- 1/4 Cup chia & hemp seed cereal
- 2 tablespoons almond slivers (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons hot water.
- coconut whipped cream (recipe linked or use canned whipped cream)
- 1 banana
- Start with your favorite blend of chia seeds & hemp seeds (you can find them in the cereal section of the grocery store).
- Add almond slivers (toasted are great), and dried cranberries.
- Fill mini trifle bowls with 3 tablespoons of chia blend, almonds, dried cranberries and 2 tablespoons hot water.
- The cereal blend will evaporate the cereal blend. Quickly mix with a spoon.
- Add a thin layer of whipped cream over the cereal for a sweet treat.
- Top with your favorite jungle fruit. Sliced strawberries, blueberries, and slices of banana.
- Add coconut whipped cream,use an icing gun to give it a beautiful dollop.
A healthy all around family approved snack.
I made this paleo coconut whipped cream yesterday and added it into this dessert for a sweeter treat.
I am thrilled The Jungle Book Diamond Edition Blu-ray™and Digital is now available. This is a classic I enjoyed as a child. My boys who love a great animal filled story are obsessed with Mowgli and his friends. It’s filled with adventure and teaching the bare necessities of life. A must have to add to your collection of Disney classics.