This is an easy grilled Pollo Monterey Recipe. If you are looking for a healthy meal that doesn’t give the boring old Chicken Breast a bad wrap, you want to give this one a go.
This has to be my favorite chicken breast recipe. When I met my hubs he introduced me to grilled Monterey chicken at one of his favorite hole in the wall restaurants. Lucky for him I am pretty descent in the kitchen especially when it comes to winging it. If you like to grill outside on a pit this is a fun one. I even opt to making this easy grilled Pollo Monterey chicken recipe with my cast iron skillet. Both are just as simple.
Easy Grilled Pollo Monterey
- Chicken breasts – butterfly
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 avocado – thinly sliced
- 1 tomato – thinly sliced
- mozzarella – slices I take one slice and cut it in 4 strips (depending on chicken breast size I add 3-4 on each
- 1/4 stick of butter (only if you are pan frying)
- Season chicken breast with salt & pepper. If you like a kick to your food use what ever spices you choose. These have to be kid friendly in our house so I opt for salt and pepper only.
- Cook on medium flame 8-10 minutes each side.
- The last 2 minutes of the cooked side add a layer of tomatoes, a layer of avocado slices and mozzarella generously. Let the cheese melt and your done.
Serve easy grilled Monterrey chicken with a bowl of borracho beans and Mexican rice. Keep an eye out for my favorite borracho bean recipe next week.
This is one of those recipes that has wowed guests not only with it’s eye appeal but for the pack of flavor that you get from a chicken breast. It’s one of those no fail recipes that doesn’t go wrong and really hard to screw up. Don’t you love those.
Pollo MontereyRead More »