You’re all grown up, survived your twenties and have settled into adulthood quite nicely. First let’s all thank the heavens we didn’t spend our teenage and early twenties in the social media era – CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE? Thirty looks good on you, you are old enough to be taken seriously and you still hold your youthful appearance. Your priorities are shifting and life becomes more and more meaningful.
Ten things to do in your thirties
- Travel! Just book that trip and go. Because at this point in your life, you should be seeing the world. Take a family vacation, a girls trip or a romantic getaway.
- Visit your doctor. Schedule yearly exams and don’t wait until you are feeling sick or think something is wrong to schedule them.
- Want kids? If you want to grow your family. Do it, have one, have four, but just have kids. There is never a perfect time or reason to keep waiting. Times a ticking.
- Save money and grow your 401K.
- Get active. Go for walks, hit the gym, move the coffee table over and do yoga.
- Stop credit card debt. Avoid more debt load and begin to pay back your credit card debt.
- Take care of your skin. Use sunblock, daily moisturizer and age minimizers religiously.
- You are not old. Live in the moment. Relax and don’t always take life so seriously.
- Pray and give thanks often.
- Make the most out of each day. Everyone has problems, don’t let yours dictate your mood.
Your thirties will go by in a blink of an eye. In the words of Ferris Bueller, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it”.