Join me this month for Maynicures for mental health. In honor of National Mental Health Awareness Month get your #Maynicures on for a good cause.
Mental illness is a disease that comes in many forms. ADHD, psychosis, bipolar, anxiety, OCD, cognitive disorder, conduct disorder and more. Mental illness affects one in five children in the U.S. In Bexar county alone that is 80,000 children suffering from a mental illness. How many of those children are getting the proper treatment for their mental, emotional, or behavioral problems? The statistics are eye-opening. Just 1 in every five children with a mental illness are getting proper treatment.
I have partnered with Clarity Child Guidance Center
to shed light on 1 in 5 minds
and advocate for children’s mental health. Mental illness contributes to alcohol abuse, suicides, dropping out of school, drug abuse, juvenile incarceration and more issues. By spreading the word and speaking out we can help change the statistics and get children the help they deserve.
Join me in Maynicures for Mental Health:
- Pick two nail colors and paint one of your fingers on each hand one color and the remaining four the other color to represent the one in five ratio of children with mental illness.
- Post your #Maynicures on social media.
- Tag some friends and share the cause.
@1in5minds.org on Facebook
@oneinfiveminds on Instagram
@1in5minds on Twitter
Host your own Maynicures party at home
Get your own complimentary #Maynicures Home Party Kit in support of One in Five Minds this May.
1. Submit your request to host a Home #Maynicures Party to Natasha Sobers at natasha.sobers @claritycgc(dot)org or call (210) 593-2148.
2. Once contacted by a Maynicures representative, you will be scheduled to come to the Clarity campus at 8535 Tom Slick Drive 78229. You will receive a tour of the Clarity campus, and at the end of the tour, you will receive your Maynicures Party Box and How To guide for you to share with your friends and family.
[Tweet “1 in 5 children suffers from mental illness? Let’s break the stigma @1in5minds @claritycgc #maynicures “]
This post is sponsored by Clarity Child Guidance Center. All thoughts are my own and may not reflect those of others.