Staples Shed, Shred and Get Ahead in 2013
This is a weekly thing around here. A mix of work, mail and papers that I am scared to trash. My organization goes something like this. Keep pile, trash pile, and an umm… I’ll deal with it later pile. It’s not to late to get organized for 2013. In fact right now is the perfect time to organize for the rest of the year.
Staples: Shed, Shred and Get Ahead
Staples is the world’s largest office products company and second largest internet retailer. With the help of Staples organizational tools we have rounded up the best tools and tips to get you organized for 2013.
Clear out the old to make room for the new
- Shed – purge unwanted files or papers and organize the documents in binders. The Internal Revenue Service recommends keeping important business records from three to seven years, depending on the documents.
Staples recently launched its Binder Recycling Program, which gives customers $2 off the purchase of a new binder for each binder they bring in to a Staples store to recycle.
Safely destroy all of those documents
- Shred – protect your business and identity against fraud by shredding unneeded paperwork with sensitive information. For larger jobs, consider Staples Copy & Print, which offers confidential shredding at great prices.
- Staples New BETTER® Binder with removable FileRings™ - the first of its kind binder features file rings that detach from the shell for easy filing in any standard filing cabinet. Now available in black, white, red, green and blue covers exclusively on Staples.com (Staples 1-inch BETTER Binder: $12.99 and removable FileRings: $4.99). The removable fileeRings makes it easy to “file away” old paperwork that you can’t destroy just yet. Also a great space saver versus the space a binder takes up.
Go paperless when you can
- Get Ahead – The New Year is also a good time to make sure electronic files are secure and protected. It’s critical for any small business owner to have the right organizational tools such as network storage devices to back up files especially as tax season gets started.
- Relay Flash Drives – The easy and smart way to transfer files from one computer to another. (64GB-$69.99; 32GB-$49.99; 16GB-$27.99; 8GB-$17.99) I use flash drives to store all of my important documents without the fear of them taking up space on my computer or losing the saved file.
Keep it together
- Staples One-Touch™ Aero Stapler – Perfect for the consumer who has an eye for design and likes to personalize their desk supplies. The 20-sheet capacity Aero offers contemporary designs with a raised handle that makes stapling effortless. Available in black, silver or blue. ($14.99) Keeping monthly documents and receipts together has never been easier with this simple stapler.
- M by Staples™ Arc Customizable Notebook System –Available in durable poly or leather covers with premium, heavyweight paper, this customizable notebook has repositionable sheets that can moved from one section to another making organization a breeze. (Starting at $7.99) I keep a daily to do list and a written calendar. The Arc is small enough to take along with me daily and also customizable so I can fit it to my needs easily.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All thoughts expressed in this post are my own and may not reflect those of Staples or others.