Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and the makers of ZYRTEC®. All thoughts expressed are my own.
It’s time to share DIY Beauty Tricks with you straight from mi abuela. I wont call myself completely green but I have made a conscious effort to move away from products that have tons of ingredients and trade them in for all natural ingredients. This my friends is along time coming. My grandmother has always been very all natural, her passion for living a healthy lifestyle always seemed like such a task for me. Now I realize I was just a young, unhealthy teenager with an awesome metabolism. Luckily I didn’t seem unhealthy on the outside. Now that I am a full fledged adult with a family and real life issues, I have had my interest peaked in the idea of getting healthy. Mi Abuelita is a label reader, she takes what goes in, on and around her seriously. With seasonal allergies starting her on this all natural journey she has come up with DIY beauty tricks that are now my go to regimens for my own #ALLERGYFACE issues.
Passed down from mi abuela here are my favorite DIY Beauty Tricks:
Honey – Clean face and treat acne inflammation
Apply a teaspoon amount onto dry face in circular motion covering skin. Let sit 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Gently moisturizes, tones and reduces inflammation from treatments and acne.
White Vinegar – Toner and age spots
Mix equal parts water and vinegar and use as a toner and age spot minimizer.
Coconut Oil – Glistening hair and skin
In the shower take about a tablespoon and rub from neck to feet after you get in the shower. I rub it in after I have gotten under the water and then shower as normal. Use body wash , loofa, shave your legs, the works. Dry off and reap the rewards of a conditioned body. You will immediately see and feel the difference.
Before bed take a pea size amount to hands rub together and then smooth through tips and half way down through hair. You will see smoother more tamed hair in the morning. Smooth a pea size amount on skin for a healthy sheen.
Avoid putting it on your skin before you leave. The oil does tend to rub off clothes, furniture, etc.
Brown Sugar – Body Scrub
Recipe 1/3 Cup Kosher Salt, 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, 2 Tablespoons Almond Extract and 2 Tablespoons Honey. Mix together until pasty scrub. Use in shower as a slough.
Strawberries – Teeth Whitening
Mash two ripe strawberries and tablespoon of baking soda. Apply paste to teeth with a brush or into a mouth tray/guard. Let sit 15 – 30 minutes, repeat once weekly until desired brightness is achieved.
Baking Soda – Remove dead skin
Mix 2 tablespoons baking soda and 1 tablespoon warm water together. Apply to skin with finger tips massaging about two minutes. Rinse with warm water. The baking soda may cause a tingling sensation on sensitive skin.
Carmen Ordoñez of @VivaFashion has partnered with ZYRTEC® to share her #ALLERGYFACE issues, beauty advice and her guru tips.
Carmen Ordoñez’s personal motto:
“you can look great without breaking the bank. You don’t need pricey beauty products to achieve great results.”
This motto rings true in my personal journey to have it all without sacrificing my wallet.
Carmen also shares her “Generations of Beauty Advice,” from her mama y abuelita.
- How to Avoid Irritating a Red Nose: Use baby wipes instead of tissues gentler on the skin.
- How to Relieve a Puffy Face: Try drinking watermelon juice. Watermelon is high water content fruit and are an excellent source of antioxidants.
- How to Help Hydrate a Puffy Face: Eat more fruits and vegetables like cucumbers, celery and zucchini all of which have high water content. Citrus fruits and berries are also rich in vitamin C.
- How to Refresh Your ALLERGY FACE™: Metal spoons in the refrigerator and then place the back of the spoons on your eyelids for five minutes.
Carmen’s favorite DIY Beauty Tricks:
- Throw away old makeup! Remember that mascara should be tossed out every two months, foundations and concealers every year and lipsticks should be checked for discoloration every three months.
- It’s important to wash dirty makeup brushes monthly. Just use a small amount of shampoo, face wash or antibacterial hand soap and rub it through the bristles and then rinse thoroughly with warm water.
With summer allergies in full swing I encourage you to stop by ZYRTEC® on Facebook to score savings, rewards and keep learning how to combat ALLERGY FACE™.
Stay tuned for the release of part three of carmen’s videos (released later this summer).
Follow Carmen on Twitter at @VivaFashion and her blog www.VivaFashionBlog.com for her latest ALLERGY FACE™ tips and tricks.
Do you have any favorite DIY Beauty Tricks? Share them in the comments.
#ALLERGYFACE #ZYRTEC #Ad