This shrimp queso flameado recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Links include affiliate links #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias #ad
In order to create a Queso Flameado recipe the most important thing you will need is a cast iron skillet. I’ve had this Lodge cast iron skillet for 12 years and it has been my favorite and probably least expensive go-to kitchen necessity. Get you one, I promise you won’t regret it. Lets get to one of my favorite seafood inspired recipes. My parents raised my brother and me to have extensive palates and we ventured to create delicious meals almost every night. One of my favorite meals from my childhood to this day is jalapeño and shrimp queso fundido mexicano (we refer to it in my home as queso flameado). Yes in my house, this was not only a side dish or appetizer, but it was a meal. We made queso flameado quite often and added whatever we had on hand to give it flavor. Usually, a simple Queso Con Chorizo made the cut. But when we wanted to really go for a delicious fundido mexicano it was the jalapeño and shrimp queso flameado that we would create.
Jalapeños and Shrimp Queso Flameado Recipe
- 7 oz La Morena Sliced Jalapeños (to taste)
- 10 medium shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 2 Cups Asadero cheese (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons oil separated
- 7 oz La Morena chipotle peppers (for a smoky chipotle flavor if desired)
- 1/4 Cup Chorizo
- Serve finished flameado with flour tortillas, tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook chorizo in a pan until browned and it becomes oily. Remove and place in small bowl.
- Cook shrimp in same pan, with a teaspoon of oil added about 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Grease your cast iron skillet with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Add all of the shredded cheeses in the skillet.
- Top with shrimp, soy chorizo and sliced jalapeños. Add more or less depending on your taste for flavor.
- Cook at 350 degrees in the oven for 15 minutes or until nice and bubbly.
Immediately serve La Morena jalapeños and shrimp queso flameado with tortilla chips and tortillas.
Are you a fan of queso flameado recipes? I’d love to hear about your favorite way to make queso fundido mexicano at home.