This post is sponsored by Savings.com.
Yesterday I found myself recreating my favorite avocado grilled cheese sandwich while I indulged in Netflix binging Dead to Me. By episode 3 I was so hooked I decided that my time in the kitchen would have to be limited to something I could whip up in 10 minutes. You guys, I made no time for anything else while my kids were out of the house and it felt so good to do absolutely nothing. This led to the creation of a delicious tomato and avocado grilled cheese sandwich and a piping hot cup of green tea.
I have definitely tested my ability to create an obnoxiously delicious grilled cheese sandwich in the past, but I recently switched my butter to Pure Blends avocado oil plant-based butter and it took my buttered bread to a new level of savory. Trust me on this one, this recipe is worth the recreation.
If you are itching to save some money, make sure to check your mail for the Valpak envelope. There is currently a $1.50 off Pure Blends coupon that is redeemable at HEB stores. Mine was in this weeks mail and can be found in select locations in TX.
Pure Blends Avocado Oil plant-based butter
Oaxaca cheese shredded
Sliced Bread (your favorite bread of choice)
Take a butter knife and generously lather one side of bread with Pure Blends.
Place the lathered side down onto a pan on medium-high heat. Repeat with another slice of bread. As both slices start to brown add butter to the top side and when both slices are to your toasty preference flip the slices over and let the other side toast. Start to layer once you have one toasty side up. Add a good amount of cheese first. Add slices of tomato to the pan for 20 seconds and flip them. Once they have warmed you can layer them onto the cheese. This will add a level of grilled tomato heaven to every bite.
Add a heaping layer of avocado slices and top with another layer of that delightful white cheese.
Bring the sandwich together with another buttered toasty slice of bread on top and you now have the most delicious tomato and avocado grilled cheese sandwich.
The Best Tomato and Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Lather Pure blends butter onto two slices of bread (one side only to avoid making a mess)
- Add slices with the buttered side down to pan on medium-high heat.
- Once the buttered side has grilled and becomes browned repeat by adding butter to the top side and flipping the slices so that the fresh side can brown.
- While the other side is browning start to layer. Add a layer of Oaxaca cheese, add 4 lightly grilled tomato slices, add 5-6 avocado slices and another layer of the Oaxaca cheese.
- Bring other slice of toasted bread together and serve hot.
Check out Pure Blends website for more Pure Blends Butter Recipes.